Thursday 15 December 2016

Some new options...

So I got my results this week.

My IGg results showed intolerance to cows milk (and goats/sheep actually), egg white, wheat, oats and a few other random things like peas, cumin, walnuts.



My lymphocyte sensitivity test showed my sensitivity to nickel is sky high as expected. I also showed up as sensitive to a range of other substances. One of them was something called 1,4 polyisoprene which apparently is natural rubber. I immediately jumped on this as a possible cause as I wear rubber gloves to wash up, and more recently I wear them to shower to protect my hands from soap and shampoo - what if this is the root cause?!



I immediately stopped using the gloves and after 48 hours things were looking better...I told myself not to get my hopes up as I do quite often have a good day or so every so often, and I didn't want to feel disappointed. I couldn't help it though, and really did think this could be it. I woke up this morning with loads of fresh blisters...argh. I am sure the gloves don't help matters, but it doesn't look like they are the root cause.

So I guess I need to consider the food results. Do I believe I am really intolerant to all those things? Probably not.  But at least it gives me a starting point. I was already doing gluten free when I got the results, although according to the test I am okay with some gluten containing grains, just not wheat. So my plan for now is to carry on being gluten free, and now go dairy free too. Ugh....with Christmas around the corner this isn't going to be fun, but I have to try, otherwise there was no point even having the test.

I have discovered one thing though - sugar makes things worse. I have been pretty good at avoiding refined sugar on the whole, including my very favourite thing - chocolate. But I have had a couple of little treats in the last month and my skin is very very clearly worse the next day. So - not the cause I don't think, but definitely a contributing factor.

Here's hoping that dairy free helps things along....

No comments:

Post a Comment