Monday 2 January 2017

Confused

That is the best way of describing my state of mind right now. I literally cannot focus on one possibility at once - my husband jokes that I have a new theory every day...he might be right.

A couple of weeks ago I had a brainwave - maybe I was allergic to my phone. The pattern of eczema exactly fits how I hold the phone! It is in a rubber/silicone cover so maybe I was allergic to that. I tested the phone itself for nickel and it came up positive. I really thought I had found the culprit once and for all. I didn't touch my phone for 2 weeks, which was a very tricky feat, but sadly there was no improvement in that time. I got myself a nice wooden cover though, just to be safe. At least my phone looks pretty.

In the meantime I have been continuing with the diet - gluten free, dairy free, egg free and very low sugar. I am eating fruit, but no processed sugar at all. I have good days and bad days - sometimes I think things look better, but two days later things are worse again. I will keep it up for longer though as I need to give it more time.

One thing I did notice though, is that it seems to get worse at certain points in my cycle. This got me thinking about hormones again, and the fact that this all kicked off properly after I had my son. I ended up back on google and eventually hit upon an article about how changes in hormones can be linked to an increase in candida. Hmmm.....back to the very beginning and the candida theory proposed by the website I had found very early on. I had sort of dismissed it as it wasn't well written or referenced. But now I think I need to give the advice there a go.

So - the plan is to do 5 days of fexofenadine anti histamine as advised - supposedly if my symptoms improve, then it suggests that I do have an allergy to a dermatophyte, probably candida of some sort. In which case the treatment is the low carb low sugar diet (already doing that pretty much) plus nystatin....which is impossible to obtain.

Well, first things first. I will do the fexofenadine and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment