Sunday 29 January 2017

An anxious process

So here I am on day 11. Feeling pretty damn hungry on this horrid diet, but managing to stick with it!

Since I last posted I received my nystatin in the mail. I made a change to my regime and dropped to 1x itraconazole tablet per day alongside 3 doses of nystatin.

Since the little crop of blisters appeared around day 5, I have had more appear. To be honest, they don't look great. But they certainly are behaving a little differently to normal in the following ways:

1. They don't particularly itch....I have had bouts of itchiness for a few minutes, but that seems to dissipate quite fast
2.  They don't seem to come up to the surface like normal - usually once blisters appear I can pop them and they produce that horrid clear fluid, but I can't do that because it's almost like they are staying below the surface
3. I haven't ended up with the open cracks and sores that usually follow the blisters - they either seem to retreat back down, or sort of dry out leaving very dry, flaky skin.

Here is a comparison between before I started, and today, day 11. I guess the clearest thing is just how much less inflamed things are. But even so - seeing those blisters lurking there is freaking. me. the. hell. out.

But I am trying to stay calm and not panic. I keep telling myself that even if I am on the right track here, this isn't going to disappear overnight - I have suffered for 19 months, it is bound to take time to improve, right?!

  


You'll have to click onto the day 11 picture to enlarge it, to see the blisters in all their glory - but I guess overall, its pretty clear there is an overall improvement happening.

On the plus side, the sides of my fingers are less red and inflamed than before:




So for now, I'll keep going, and keep hoping that this gradual improvement keeps on happening. Fingers crossed.


2 comments:

  1. I started using Nystatin on my own because I was looking for any relief of the itchy dry skin. It's utterly embarrassing. I think getting change back from a cashier or shaking someone's hand has got to be the worst! I recently started using hydrocortisone 1% cream and the results along with the Nystatin worked Soo fast and barely any blisters left. In fact most of the blisters have just turned to brown spots and dried out. Only 1 has come up and it's so far under the skin. I think adding this regimen to your routine will help signicantly. I put a quite a bit on at night and I actually slept with a disposable glove on the first 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this helps you. I don't understand why this has never affected me before until immediatly after I delivered my daughter and has been constant for 19 months now. Again hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete