Wednesday 1 February 2017

Gutted.

Well....day 14 has arrived with an outbreak similar to those I had before starting the treatment. My left palm and two fingers are covered in blisters and they are itching. I had to take an antihistamine to stop me itching earlier. It has been over 2 weeks now since I felt this infuriating itch...argh I had almost forgotten how horrible it was. Just yesterday I was saying to my husband that I thought I could live with the ugliness of the blisters, as long as they didn't itch, and didn't crack and peel. Spoke too soon I guess.

I have remained hopeful up until now, focusing on the fact that the blisters I was getting were fewer in number, below the skin and not itchy. It is hard to stay positive in the face of a flare up like this. But I am trying. My right hand is, for now at least, totally clear, which I should celebrate. Now the left hand just needs to follow suit.

I keep reminding myself - this is a month long treatment minimum, so I am only half way through. The very few people I have read about who have tried this report that the treatment does take time, and blisters do continue to come throughout. So I mustn't lose hope - I have to keep going and just keep my very itchy fingers crossed, that this passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment